Pages

Sunday, April 10, 2011

An update with postcards for my private collection.

I'm finally doing an update! Things have just been crazy over the last few weeks. I decided to make time tonight to do a post of some postcards I've received for my private collection. I'll try to do another post like this one later this week.



"Ghost Bear" was a Crow warrior Native American Indian. The Crow, also called the Absaroka or Apsaalooke, are Siouan-language tribe of Native Americans who historically lived in the Yellowstone River valley. This photo of Ghost Bear, in full warrior head dress, was taken in early 1908. This postcard was sent to me by my wonderful penfriend Michele.




US-954002: This is an old building at the abandoned Vulture Mines in Arizona. It was taken by the postcrosser who sent it to me.



US-1018703: Jerkline Freight Outfit. Hauling supplies throughout Utah Territory. This photo taken in 1877.


US-1034472: Doc Holliday (1851 -1887). Gambler, gunfighter, dentist, John H. Holliday's temper sent many men to their graves. Once saving Wyatt Earp's life in Dodge City, Doc became one of Earp's close friends. He was in the famous fight at the O.K. corral. He died of tuberculosis at an early age in Colorado.


US-938199: Women of the West - Mrs. Dwight Plympton Conklin, c. 1860.

No comments:

Post a Comment