Pages

Friday, September 17, 2010

Postcards and adventures

When I went to buy stamps on Tuesday, there ended up being a huge line at the post office so I decided to order them online instead. I think they'll be here today, but it's not a big deal if they're not.

After that, I went to my favorite drug store on the island. They sell so many wonderful postcards. (I actually went there for something else, but who can resist postcards?) I stocked up on some favorites that I was almost out of and bought some new ones that I couldn't resist because I thought they were either cool, interesting or funny. I can't wait to send them out!

When I got back from my errands, my husband suggested that we go out on an adventure since I start school again next week. We bundled our daughter up and headed out to the Olympic Peninsula. So beautiful. We ended up going out to the Hoh Rain Forest since neither of us had ever been there before. Wow. Amazing. That area is just so awe inspiring. We found this great store called Peak 6. They sell hiking and camping gear as well as souvenirs. I found some awesome Native American postcards for my private collection (I would have bought some to send on postcrossing, but they were 75 cents a piece!) and one that featured the wild cats of Washington so I bought those since I hadn't seen that postcard before. My husband and I ended up with new winter jackets, Native American jewelry and our daughter chose a stuffed husky for herself.

Today, I need to head out to see if I can find a specific postcard that a user wants in a trade. I think I know where I can find it, but we'll see. There are only three stores in could be in and two of them are within minutes of where I live.

No comments:

Post a Comment